Gini, my new genea-friend over at Ginisology, recently gifted me with a Kreativ Blogger Award. What a surprise! As newbie to the world of blogging I am truly touched, and feel honored that Gini thought of me and my blog for this award. I don’t post everyday, or even every week for that matter, so it’s nice to know that when I do someone is enjoying what I write. Gini is really great, and I appreciate this honor. Thank you so much!!
The winner of the award has to list seven things about themselves and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers.
Here are seven thing about me:
1. I grew up as an only child. I was always a little jealous of my friends who had big families with lots of brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles. My family has never had a family reunion and that makes me really sad. Maybe I should take on the task of organizing our first family reunion. I keep thinking if it’s gonna happen, I’ll have to do it.
2. I did not know I had a brother until 2005. Now my brother, Bernard, is my soul mate and my best friend.
3. I love music (oldies..did someone say Motown…The Temptin’ Temptations), books, Food TV, reality shows, and animals. My dog Savannah is my baby girl.
4. My idea of a perfect day would be fishing and relaxing at a lake in the country. Yes fishing!! Yes, in the country. My brother says the “fishing” part comes natural..our daddy did, and our granny and uncle too. We’re still trying to figure out the “country” part because I’m a real city girl.
5. My life has been richly blessed with loyal and wonderful friends. I believe family and friends are two of the most important things in life.
6. I tend to be shy and alooft. People sometimes interpret that as meanness, but I really am a very nice person.
7. Researching my family history takes up most of my spare time. I can’t wait til retirement so that I can spend more time at the Georgia Archives researching.
Pass the award along to seven other bloggers.
Boy, this is a tough task. Every blogger has their own unique Kreativ style. Surely, there are many deserving bloggers out there that I have yet to discover. This time, however, I am breaking with tradition, and spreading the Kreativ Blog love to two very deserving bloggers. (Does this mean I still have five more to pass on later? Hope so.)
My selections are:
Into the light (formerly Just Thinking) – Renate
My Nola Heritage Felicia Mathis
Please visit these blogs often and enjoy the family stories and research that they share with their readers.